I’d like to thank Myopic Musings for nominating me for this award. Much like you, I really appreciate the gesture as a newbie to the blogosphere.
To all who read this, here are the rules of this chain:
•Thank the blogger who has nominated you;
•Answer 11 questions from the blogger who has nominated you;
•Nominate 11 blogs;
•Ask them 11 questions.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions that Gracie asked me:
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I love spring for the very clichéd reason that it’s the perfect balance between warm and cool. Also, I’m from a country that doesn’t have this season, so I thoroughly enjoy when I get to experience it.
2. What in the world is the most beautiful to you, aesthetically or otherwise?
Words. It may also be a cliché thing to say as a blogger, but words have always been the most beautiful thing in that they provoke thought, they create meaning, and they generate life. Nothing on earth is as beautiful to me as words are.
3. Do you have an ultimate goal that you’d like to achieve at some point in your life? If so, and if you feel comfortable sharing, what is it?
I do have an ultimate goal that I would like to achieve at some point in my life, and that goal is to run a successful business. I am a business major, after all.
4. What inspired you to start blogging, and are you glad you started? If so, why?
I love to write but my course load as a business major won’t allow for me to have a minor. I would have loved to minor in creative writing but since I can’t do that, I figured a blog would be the best way to get my work out there and give me an outlet to keep writing. I’m very glad I started because I am satisfied with all of my work both in school and on the Web.
5. What is your favourite book, or – if you don’t read much – what is your favourite film, album or TV series?
My favourite film (which is based on a book by Elizabeth Wurtzel) is Prozac Nation. I struggle with depression and it is the most honest depiction of the mental illness that I have ever seen. So much so that it helped me understand myself better. I even think that it can be a great tool to help those who don’t struggle with the disorder understand what it means to have it.
6. What is your favourite colour?
Blue for its depth.
7. What are the five things that make you the happiest in the world? They can be small, like the sound of dry leaves beneath your feet, or big, like family or romantic love.
- The freedom to write.
- The ability to play my ukulele.
- Intimate moments with my closest friends.
- Cool, sunny weather.
- The idea that I have a bright future ahead of me.
8. Do you miss anyone? If you do and are okay with telling your readers etc., who is it, and why do you miss them?
I miss all my friends who went on the Pepperdine abroad programs last year. Last year was pretty lonely without them.
9. What is your favourite thing about your appearance, and your favourite thing about your personality?
Appearance: my eyes (Common answer, I know.)
Personality: my tenacity
10. Who is the most important person in your life and why?
God is number one in my life.
11. Which sound do you prefer – the sound of fire crackling or the feeling of the salty sea air on your face?
Absolutely the salty sea air on my face.
Now here are the bloggers I nominate!
My 11 questions for you:
- What has been the most inspiring thing that you have witnessed as a writer?
- Of all the places you’ve ever been, which one is your favourite and why?
- What kind of music do you listen to the most and what is it about that genre that really speaks to you?
- Who is your favourite author/poet?
- What are your 3 favourite things to write about?
- Which of the five senses do you love the most and why?
- What was your experience like when you first started blogging?
- If you had to pick one word as your favourite, what would it be?
- Who inspires you?
- Of all the metaphors that you have used in your writing, which is your favourite?
- Who is your favorite blogger?